Free UPX is a free software application from the File Compression subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-05-26. The program can be installed on Win2000, WinXP, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Windows 8, Windows 10, WinServer, WinOther, Windows2000, Windows2003, Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008r2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, WinVista, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, WinVista x64, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
Free UPX is an advanced graphical interface for the UPX (Ultimate Packer for eXecutables).
It allows you to compress (and decompress) files produced according to Microsoft Portable Executable and COFF Specification (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, CPL and other). It offers easy access to all documented and undocumented UPX parameters without the need for command line usage.
The Free UPX interface is very simple and user-friendly. To compress executable files, just drag & drop them into main window, select proper profile from list, and click the COMPRESS button.
Free UPX is designed for UPX 3.91w - the last stable version available in October2013.
Current version supports 64-bit executable files (Win64/PE), but this feature is declared as experimental.
The most important features:
* Compression and decompression of Windows executable files (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, CPL, SYS, AX, ACM, DRV, TLB and other).
* Compression and decompression of ELF executables (used on Unix, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD and other operating systems).
* Compression and decompression of Mac OS X executable files (Mach-O, FAT).
* Easy acces to all UPX command-line parameters.
* Displaying detailed informations about compressed files: original file size, compresson ratio, saved space, compression level and other.
* The ability to filter files based on multiple criteria.
* Predefined UPX profiles for beginners. Advanced users can define custom profiles.
* Portability. Free UPX does not use system registry and all settings are stored in INI file, so it can be run from portable drives.
* Shell integration (optional).
* 100% freeware! - for private and commercial use. There are no limitations, adware, spyware.
Free UPX (version 2.0) has a file size of 2.01 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 281 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.